Friday, December 13, 2013

Here goes another attempt.

I am going to try to do this again. I have found it difficult to keep everything in life in check.... There hasn't been balance in my life for quite some time now. 
However, I have been urged by a friend to share some of the interesting cases I see at work...

60 something yo diabetic presents after fall 2 days ago. Pt reports a fall before going to the pmd for a regular checkup. Pt was told at that visit that it didn't look that bad however if the swelling continued the pt should probably go to the ER. Pt presents 2 days later. Radiographs below. 



In PA school they remind you about the importance of taking minimum two views PA and Lateral. This isn't a perfect example, however, you are unable to appreciate how severe the angulation is in the PA view. 

Amazingly the pt denied any pain, reporting ibuprofen has helped. I don't know about you but just looking at that image makes my bones hurt. Pt has long h/o diabetes and established paresthesias to lower exts, Which is the likely reason the pt has tolerated the injury so well. Ortho was consulted and pt was admitted for surgical fixation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment